Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Little Lady's Big Purse

I'm excited to be participating in my first Blog Hop! Designer Eileen Hull has been hard at work with Sizzix and what you will be seeing on different blogs, are soon to be released Scoreboard Dies. Instead of regular cardstock most dies cut, these new dies cut & score mat board to create a dimensional works of art. Artists will be posting a new scoreboard treat every other Wednesday and everyone of them will be soooooo different! There will be inspiration enough to go around the block several times!

A special treat: Vote for your favorite project on Eileen's blog and leave a comment on any participating designer's blog and YOU COULD BE A WINNER! The ScoreBoard die used in the project will be given to the designer whose project gets the most votes, and one viewer who leaves a comment will receive a ScoreBoard die from the first Sizzix ScordBoard collection. To qualify to win, you must write a comment on any of the participating designers' sites.

Voting ends the Monday following the Wednesday hop at 6 PM.

This is the first sample to begin the Blog Hop off right.


To throw a challenge in the mix, Eileen had us include some kind of office supply item into our design. To keep you from seaching too hard, the item I used were 2 fastner circles with fastners. When I looked at the blank scoreboard before me, I saw a little girls purse with some of her momma's make up in it. Of course she threw in her pony tail holder as well as her necklace.


Covering the scoreboard with Peppermint Rain Drops textured paper (The Paper Company) with Zip Dry adhesive by Beacon......the little purse began to take shape. Using RockCandy Studios copper Dresden Foil, I trimmed the entire purse, including the scalloped areas to highlight them. Decorative pink beaded trim was added because EVERY little girl deserves BLING. Since copper was my main metal used, I coiled some copper 18 gauge wire and fastened it down with Making Memories flowers. Copper jump rings & chain complete the purse!



Remember to VOTE on your favorite project & you could be a WINNER! Go to Eileen Hull's website & look over the other designers projects & cast your vote!
FTC: Material Disclosure: I have a material connection to Sizzix and Eileen Hull. I received samples of the product above to use for this blog post.

26 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Your purse is so pretty with that beaded fringe! I hope you'll hop on by and see my creation too!

Subriagirl said...

Thank you Michelle! Hopping over to take a peek right now! :-)

TracyM #6773 said...

Cute purse Veronica - I know my little niece would just love one of these to take shopping :)

Unknown said...

wow another great use! you made this purse really decorative and girlie! love it!

Anonymous said...

Ronnie- I love how you added the beads to the die!

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

That is SO cute!!!

Roxi Phillips said...

Leave it to you to bling it up! Sweet project Ronnie. Nicely done!

Sparkle said...

Nice party favor or bridesmaid gift.

Karen B said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love it!

Laura Bray said...

Very pretty! I love the hot pink color.

eileen hull said...

Ronnie, am loving the whole project and think your choice of paper especially is great- almost looks like pink leather! Alsothe little extra touches- thanks for coming along on the hop!

JGoode said...

I love what you've done! I keep seeing these cool embossed textures - I sense a serious shopping spreed coming on...

My daughter would LOVE this little purse!

Cynthia said...

You are so talented Ronnie...>Love it.

Ann Butler said...

this is adorable...a tiny little purse!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Cute purse.... my neices would love this.

Brenda Pinnick said...

precious! Sometimes a girl just needs a tiny little purse for her lipstick and her Visa card! I love it!

Cindi McGee said...

Just so cute! Love the texture and the hanging beads!

madelinesthoughts said...

Perfect amount of bling! Great paper and the edging.
It reminds me of a vintage purse I have from my grandmother.

Susan said...

Adorable! I love it!

Alpha-Mom said...

The beads are such a great touch. :D Very cute.

kim.mom said...

Beautiful! Love that texture!

Scrapfaire said...

That purse is so FANCY!!! LOVE IT!!!

Dianne Adams said...

Ronnie,
I love everything about it. It's a beautiful color and I really like the texture. Nice job as usual.

Unknown said...

Just yummy! Perfect gift to have on hand to surprise little girls in our lives.

Whimcees said...

This is a beautiful little purse! The colors and detail are striking in their beauty!

Wishing you a good day!

Barbara Diane

Diane said...

love the bling