While in Electica for a club meeting, a class on scratch board was taught. Of course, I didn't leave the store without a little package of the scratch boards in all different sizes. Artistic Outpost images were used on this piece. Here's how this pendant was created.
- Stamp images with StazOn black ink.
- Using a Q-tip, color images with StazOn colors, yellow, orange & green, making sure you don't rub hard, DAB your colors on to keep from smearing the black.
- Using a needle awl or carving tool, scratch your highlights into your scratch board.
- Go back & fill in some areas if desired with inks (ie. the background here)
- Add some black trim
- Drill a small hole for a jump ring (I used a Dremel Drill Press)
- Lightly spray with sealer
- Add jump ring & ball chain