Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chateau: mix of beads & metals

I completed this set early this morning (I get up around 4:30ish) so I have plenty of time to tinker around until I head out for work. I love the way this turned out. The ceramic beads have browns throughout them as well as capped on both ends in a dark brown. The metal used is an antique brass.....adding yet another warmth to the set. I may end up pouring resin in the center with a little dusting of brown glitter to add that extra "sparkle" we chicks seem to want.

On a side note, since I've been working a lot with wire lately, I can't help but EYE the wire pieces, wrapped in colorful rubber, while electricians are re-wiring the building! I'll have to strip the wire to unearth the actual wire & then the gauge. An artists' mind is never silent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ronnie- My first thought when I saw that focal piece was for resin... I can't seem to look at anything with a bezel type edge and not think along the lines of resin. AWESOME necklace either way!!
Love ya Girl!!
Lori