I simply LOVE how this turned out! It's already hanging on my wall to celebrate our risen Lord this coming Easter morning. Using the Woodwynds font from Duetica Lettering Arts Studio, this piece has a regal feel, as it very well should have!
Unfinished Wood Tray
Scrapbook Paper: Christian Theme
Americana Acrylic Paint: Celery Green
Viva Pearl Pen: Gold
Ranger Distressed Inks: Peeled Paint & Broken China
Prima Flowers: Charme Rose Sun Kiss
Westcott: Scissors & Craft Knife
Blue .25 Satin Ribbbon
Scrap Perfect: Best Glue Ever
Found Jewelry Pieces
Pearl Stick Ons
Transparent Color Glaze: Midnight Blue
- Paint tray with celery green
- Lay try on scrapbook paper & trace with pencil
- From traced image, measure .25" on each side of image
- Cut inside measurement with craft knife & ruler: should be a perfect fit INSIDE the tray area
- Using Duetica's Lettering Arts Studio, print out the words
Resurrection Sunday on white cardstock
- Distress with inks, cut out with scissors, glue in place
- Arrange flowers, buttons, pearls, and jewelry parts as desired
- Dipping a glue cap into the glaze, randomly add circles on the outside of the painted tray
- Add a hanger for wall display or simply set on a wooden shelf for all to admire!
This tray's beauty isn't portrayed in these pictures but you get the idea!
And yes, I caught the spelling blunder in my creation and will correct it soon!
Dag nabbit, spell checker didn't catch it!