Monday, July 2, 2012

Italian Vacation Journal

Every first Monday of the Month a theme is chosen and Designers get busy creating something for the Designer Craft Connection blog hop!  I was late in getting this posted but it's still Monday!


After a wonderful vacationn in Italy visiting my sister & her family, I wanted to create something special to hold my most favorite memories.  I cut davey book board (6"x9") and adhered handmade paper to the front & back covers.  The inside pages are different weights and colors to create a fun & playful journal.  I had kept a daily journal while in Italy so those daily notes were re-written inside. Nestled in between the pages are 6"x9" envelopes to tuck my saved treasure in. Pictures of our trip grace the pages, thus bringing back instant happiness.

As we finalize another trip abroad, this time to Ireland, I'm working on a special journal to record the details of the daily events as they happen.  I've yet to figure out just how to create this new journal but when I do, I'll be sure to post it here!

What do YOU do to remember your vacation other than pictures?

Be sure to use the Designer Crafts Connection button to the right of my blog to hop fro blog to blog to see what other Designers have come up with for their Vacation crafting!

4 comments:

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Veronica, it looks so pretty..love the distressed brown vintage regal look.

Barbara Rankin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Ronnie. And I do remember your burlap flowers and the black one is to die for. You always do such beautiful work!!!

Tanya said...

Very pretty, Ronnie. Love it!

Einat Kessler said...

Beautiful project! Looks like you had a great time!!