Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rhino Mask

Yep, you read right......Rhino! I'm currently working on a Rhino mask in my 3D class. The theatre direcctor came into class and wanted to know if we could make 8 rhino masks to use in the theatre production simply called "Rhino". The play starts out with humans but something happens and some of the people turn into rhinos. The Art club gets $200.00 for the task and the best rhino head gets $25.00. One of our assignments is to use papier mache......so I am working on a rhino head! I've got the base completed (will take a picture of it and post it tomorrow---I'm off in a few hours to an all day working woman's conference at Martin). Next, to paint it & make it look realistic. Then the fun part begins......to make it have human qualities; such as an earring, nose ring, etc. I'll let the rhino 'tell' me what it wants! Such fun but very challenging at the same time! You'll soon see what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Michelle W said...

Well I am waiting to see the Rhino mask. It sounds like a fun challenge.