Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Box Blog Hop!



The past 2 weeks Designers were to use their creative muse to dress up the Rectangular Box. It never amazes me at how one little box can stir up such creativity, but just check out the blogs below for the eye candy that awaits you! This little box can be used for party favors, little hide-a-ways, or simply slip a couple of pieces of chocolate in it & give to a friend for a little "lift". Always works for me!! The measurements are approx. 3.75" wide by 1.75" high by 1.875" deep.



For this project, I used a paper design from one of our very own designers: Jen Goode. I wrapped the entire box, folded sides in & glued. 3 black brads holds the top section on from the backside. Black baroque trim (RockCandy Studios) was added along the front lid & around the bottom of the box. Wood feet gives this little box some BIG box height! Those who know me well, know I am a CPL Locksmith in the state of TN so my use of keys is wide spread. So don't cha just know I had to use the new Tim Holtz die cut key & key hole (out of grunge board) along with his Tattered Flowers die. A few little antique jewel case keys to top it off.

If you enjoyed looking at all the eye candy from all the designers, leave a comment here or on Eileen's Blog so you are eligible for a random drawing for a Scoreboards die!

Be sure to check back May 12 when we will be creating little 3 D cakes! Sure to leave you hankering for something sweet!



This is Sammy during my creative spurts at 4:30 a.m. He's none too happy with me as you can plainly see. I was in the living room working on 2 projects (other locations have other projects in stages of completion) when I picked up the camera & shot this of Sammy this morning. As you have noticed......he KNOWS how to use a pillow correctly! haha

Until later,
Veronica


Ann Butler
Candice Windham
Carla Schauer
Cindi Bisson
Eileen Hull
Julie McGuffee
Veronica Goff
Laura Bray
Lorine Mason
Melony Bradley
Modern Surrealist
Sparkle's Studio
Roxie Phillips
Madeline Arendt
Lisa Rojas
Jen Goode
Einat Kessler
Niki Meiners

Karen Burniston

11 comments:

JGoode said...

Since your photos aren't quite ready and I'm here thinking about it - I really love your site layout... I keep meaning to tell you how much I like it.

eileen hull said...

Ronnie,
Love your box! It almost looks like a little footstool (for a very tiny person)... Love your trims, keys and book paper flower. Thanks for joining in!

Lorine Mason said...

Very nice project - We are so lucky to be part of this creative community....

Anonymous said...

me likey!

madelinesthoughts said...

I really love this! My favorite vintage look ... sepia tones with black accents are perfect. It truly is amazing to hop through these blogs and see amazing creativity.

JGoode said...

WOW! This is absolutely stunning - I love everything you've done with the design. And thank you so much for incorporating my paper design, love it!

Einat Kessler said...

So beautiful. I love the vintage look with the key and the colors.

Candice Windham said...

Trust you to use the keys in such a clever way! For those who don't know her personally, Ronnie and her hubby own a locksmith service, so she loves keys! The tiny feet are a perfect touch and you know how I love these colors. A girl after my own heart!

Donna said...

Oh I absolutely love love this!!! Super job!

Unknown said...

I was afraid sizzix was going to become a relic a few short years ago! Glad I stuck with it. All these new dies are way better than the competition! These sample projects are all so beautiful too! Gotta get a 2nd job just for sizzix dies! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

OMG ... I just found out about these new dies and I can hardly wait for them to be released!

I love your box, but I have to say I love all of them. Yours has a very special appeal because it's just perfect for my Aunt.