Monday, March 11, 2013

April: Art is YOU Retreat

Ever been in a creative funk?  One of those that seem to linger on?  My creative muse took an extended "vacation" of sorts.  While I've been creating digitally, knitting a few scarves (that sell faster than I can knit them), and creating little in my studio.......I've not much to share.  But there is HOPE ahead of me!

I've been dabbling in the metal arts so I've signed up for two classes with Richard Salley who can teach me more about this passion of mine with metal. The locket is simply lovely.  I plan on taking an old photo of my mom & dad just after they got married to put in mine.   I love the rustic look of his creations......


Then to jump out of my comfort zone, I signed up for a two day class with an artist I've admired for years, Mary Beth Shaw.  Granted I've created canvas works before in the past and they are never "normal" as painting on canvases go, so Mary Beth's work is just up my canvas alley. 


I'll be sure to post my class examples when completed!  The countdown is ON.......April, come on down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you do!