Monday, September 21, 2015

Precious Memories Mini Album for Jamie

 
Attending Trace Creek Crops provides me 24 solid hours of creating.  In July I bought the Graphic 45 paper packs along with all the chipboard pieces, etc. to work on my daughter's Baby/Accomplishment book. I will have pictures put in at random from birth to the present moment.....sort of a celebration of her life accomplishments.  The paper pack provides paper for both boy/girl so I'm currently working on my son's mini album as well!  A two-fer!  Gotta love that!  I'm going to add quite a few pages but I'm also going to include a YouTube link for you to actually SEE the album pages and how they work. Lot's of magnets in this album! I might also add that I got carried away with the page designs that the book will be a challenge to fill up with pictures & still be able to close to some degree. If you choose to see the video.....bear with me, it's my second ever but have been getting great advice from some experts in the field on shooting YouTube videos. The next one will not be hand held, I promise!  My inspiration for some of the pages (book cover design/envelope pocket pages/some pages themselves) came from Kathy Orta, who is an amazing book maker!


Above is the video.....be nice, it's only my second try at this....  :-)

Front of book

Not really sure if Jamie ever played with paper dolls so here's her chance!
 
 
Interactive, full of pockets & flip pages.

Magnetic top/bottom pages with side flips inside.
 
Opened up pages.


Jamie's name is stamped using Ken Oliver's alpha set. Loved them so much I bought an additional set for longer phrases!

Lots of picture options here!

More photo opts here.


Here I've added a small pocket to yet add more pictures!  Like I'm going to be able to close the book now as it is?


One of my simpler pages.


One of the more complex pages.


I found this somewhere on the web & loved it! The triangular piece slides upward to expose little journaling prompts.
It closes with a magnetic snap. 







Again, another kinda hidden pocket page. These small panels open with a tug as magnets keep them closed!

Little chipboard tags keep the pages closed until ready to open.

My little girl may be married but she'll always be a GOFF to us!

The fun is almost ready to begin as I'll get to fill these beautiful pages with snippets of her life.

Couldn't rotate this picture so just turn your head to view.  :-)
This is the magnetic slid UP to expose journaling prompts.

I'll be finding a baby picture to slide under the oval here.

Each page has a pocket in which to journal or add extra photos.
Since I've gotten this one so full, it'll probably contain journaling. 

One of my simpler pages.

I fussy cut these little paper doll outfits then created a pocket page.

Oh dear.....see video of this complex page.


If you've stayed with me throughout all these pictures & were tempted enough to view the video, God Bless You!  As I stated before, I'm currently working on my son's mini album. I hope to have both done by Christmas 2015!  I will fill up mostly but leave them room to finish up their life accomplishments as they far out-live me!  The Graphic 45 paper pack: Precious Memories is not glittered....I add Stickles glitter where you see the sparkles along with the front page containing Swarovski crystals. Now for my son's book.....not so much bling!  ha  Have it his way it'd be full of little skeletons!  I'd love to see your comments below!!

No comments: