Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Card Keeper Envelope Book


At the recent "Taste for Art" the fabulous Barbara Rankin taught this class.

Everyone needs an envelope book to store their cards in before sending out to special friends who need that little lift on those cloudy days.

Notice the tabs on the left side? Each one is labeled so you know where to store those cards for every occasion. The front of the book is stamped using a masking technique to make the woman appear to be out in front of the rulers (stamped upside down on purpose..lol). Each page is inked up using Ranger's Distressed inks & Adirondacks inks which took lots of elbow grease. As of right now only the front side is stamped. I'll get to the other envelopes when I find a spot of time. Just thinking of WHAT I want to stamp on them will take the most time!
Leave a comment on my blog to be entered into a drawing that will take place Tuesday, Oct. 26 to win one of the art pieces being displayed during this week!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Love the artistry and the functionality! My cards are just scattered about . . . and frequently lost or forgotten until it's too late. Great concept. Lovely design.

pat moyers said...

I hope I can find time to make some cards to put in mine when I find the time to finish the holder!!! It is beautiful and since I saw yours up close and personal I know you even matched up the inking on each page!!!! you are too meticulious,girlfriend!!

Subriagirl said...

Thanks Amy!

Pat, my arm hurt after all that inking! Talk about elbow grease!

Subriagirl said...

Thanks Amy!

Pat, my arm hurt after all that inking! Talk about elbow grease!

Subriagirl said...

Thanks Amy!

Pat, my arm hurt after all that inking! Talk about elbow grease!